[Samba] winbind ans W2k Domain

Holger Richter holger.richter at klst.com
Fri Aug 30 02:38:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

our samba server is a member of a W2k Domain that is running in mixed
mode (W2k and Win NT servers are supported). The authentication is done
by winbindd against the W2k servers. After upgrading to Samba 2.2.5 I
have some problems with winbindd. Sometimes some Windows user accounts
disappear on the samba server.

If I call

   wbinfo -u

I get all user accounts.

   wbinfo -t

tells me that the secret is good. But if I try

   id DOMAIN+UID

I get the response the user does not exist. After

   killall -1 winbindd

the command

   id DOMAIN+UID

shows the correct data and the user account appears on samba.

How can I fix it? Our samba server runs on Linux 2.4.19.
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen/Kind regards
Holger Richter             Tel. +49 711 / 96 72-0
70180 Stuttgart/GERMANY    mailto: holger.richter at klst.com
Amtsgericht Kirchheim/Teck HRB 180