[Samba] Need Help: Sometimes Stop during smbd start

Bernhard Schättin technik at ibsch.ch
Thu Aug 29 10:33:01 GMT 2002

Hi

during Startup of  SuSE-Linux 7.2 Prof. the PC is sometimes
( 1 of 10 times) stopping by start smbd. Reset knop the help
only. I have this problem with the samba version in SuSE
package and version 2.2.5 too. In the file ../rc3.d/S12smb I
added 2 lines to see if nmbd and smbd are startet.
I see nmbd is starting always, the text "SAMBA smbd
gestartet" is in case of fault not printing.
Do you know the problem and have you a solution? Which
modification can I do for more information (you must know,
no more text at monitor available and I must reset the PC)

PC:  Pentium II 200MHz System with 40MB RAM

thank you for your helps
Bernhard schaettin