[Samba] Samba and Win2k Terminal Services

Terry Katz katz at advanced.org
Thu Aug 29 06:35:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

I have a Samba PDC running (using LDAP in the back-end).  I'm able to
join systems to the domain, and log in to each machine, at the console,
as domain users.  However, when I try to log into our Win2k Terminal
Server (w/ Citrix Metaframe), the log in session crashes with
winlogon.exe trying to reference memory.  If I log into the machine via
terminal server, as a local (non-Domain) user, it logs in fine.
Logging into the box from the console as a domain user also works fine.

I'm using a debian built samba dating to 7-23, as for some reason the
newer versions (CVS from last night) wont let me log in at all, but
thats a different subject...

I set the logging level of samba up to 10 and watched the logs.
Couldn't get anything that looked like there was a problem.  I did
notice, however, that there appears to be group lookups happening based
on rid.  ie, when I try to log in I notice a log entry trying to look
up, rid=512 (ie domain admins group)... I have the groups in the ldap
system all set up as posixGroups.. I tried adding the sambaGroup
objectclass and setting the rid, but that didn't seem to help...

any ideas?  I can send in more info if needed....

Thanks in advance!

Terry