[Samba] New to the list and possible dumb question

Lee Decker leedecker at mvalaw.com
Thu Aug 29 04:27:01 GMT 2002

I'm running RedHat 7.3 and samba (2.2.5-1). I'm having problems when a
particular accounting application tries to print to a printer via the copy
command. This method of printing seems to work fine on my NT print server.
And if I map to the printer on my samba server it works like a champ. I'm
using share level security and the guest account at the moment.

I've checked the error logs and turned the debugging way up. The only thing
I can tell is it seems to drop the last character of the printer name and
the logs show that it can't find the printer at that point.

Any ideas? Thanks much.

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED

Unless otherwise indicated or obvious from the nature of the following communication, the information contained herein is attorney-client privileged and confidential information/work product. The communication is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above.

 If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error or are not sure whether it is privileged, please immediately notify us by return e-mail and destroy any copies, electronic, paper or otherwise, which you may have of this communication.