[Samba] Problem with "hide unreadable = yes" in Samba 2.2.5

Haberla, Christoph Christoph.Haberla at Streck.de
Wed Aug 28 22:40:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

I'm new to this list, so please excuse, if my problem as already be solved
or is "handmade".

My Question:
We set up Samba 2.2.5 with ACLs and everything works fine. We want to use a
very flat hirarchie, so we have one share for the users and one share for
the groups. To prevent our people from feeling uncomfortable, we want to
hide the directories to which they don't have access with "hide unreadable =
yes". This works very fine for NT 4.0 Clients, while for W2K we get a
warning like "You probably have no access to files created in the directory
xyz. Do you want to continue?". The directory is created with the
appropriate permissions an can be used without any problem, but that
behavior of W2K is not suitable for our people here.
Did I do anything wrong or have I overseen anything or is there a bug in the
code of "hide unreadable".
Any suggestions would be welcome.

Chr. Haberla

Streck Transport GmbH / IT