[Samba] Printing patch

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Wed Aug 28 12:38:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Mike Barsalou wrote:

> Based on what I have been reading from everyone, looks like you nailed
> this thing.  Care to share some of the logic with the group?  What were
> some of the issues and how did you work them out?

I actually made it harder than it was....

1) the missing features on the client were due to the fact that
   the client did not cache all of the Printer data that was present
   on the server (hook regedit.exe up to a Samba box and you can tell)

2) only win2k/xp clients were affected so it had to be one of the
   new RPC calls

3) The client stopped reading printer data from the enumprinterdataex
   reply at the first value with an odd length data stream, so....

viola!  alignment...needed to be 2-byte aligned.  Just took a while
to track it down.  I kept getting sidetracked with other things. :-)

cheers, jerry