[Samba] Printer Drivers go to wrong directory

Stephen Hoffmann shoffmann at neomagic.com
Wed Aug 28 12:14:00 GMT 2002

Using Samba 2.2.5 on Redhat 7.2 with smb.conf file pasted below, I am
getting the drivers for several of my HP printers going to the wrong
directory. When I follow the instructions for adding drivers in Windows
2000, it copys the NT/2000 drivers to the W32X86 directory instead of the
WIN40 directory.

The end result is that I cannot install the 95/98 drivers because of this.
The HP LJ 8000 and the HP LJ 5SI went to the right directory, but all the
others have gone to the wrong directory. How can this be easily remedied?

Is there some way of sorting this out? What do I delete if I need to start
over with the installation process? Is this a bug or is there a problem with
the HP drivers? I downloaded all the latest as of 2002/08/15 from the HP
website.

-Steve

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2002/08/20 10:46:34

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = NEOMAGIC
        netbios name = ITTEST
        server string = SMB Test Print Server
        interfaces = 192.168.51.244/255.255.255.0 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        passwd program = /tools/admin/bin/lpasswd.pl -s %u
        passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*password* %n\n *updated*
        unix password sync = Yes
        log file = /mnt/netsvcs/printserver/logs/%m.log
        max log size = 0
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
        printcap name = cups
        domain admin group = @smbadmin
        domain logons = Yes
        local master = No
        domain master = False
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = 192.168.51.219
        ldap server = slapd.neomagic.com
        ldap port = 389
        ldap suffix = dc=neomagic,dc=com
        ldap admin dn = cn=manager,dc=neomagic,dc=com
        ldap ssl = no
        NIS homedir = Yes
        comment = Print Server
        admin users = root @gitservices
        printer admin = @gitservices
        create mask = 0664
        directory mask = 0775
        guest ok = Yes
        printing = cups

[print$]
        comment = Printer Drivers
        path = /usr/share/cups/drivers
        write list = root, at gitservices

[ps22]
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps22

[RPMS]
        path = /rpms
        read only = No
        create mask = 0777
        force create mode = 0777
        directory mask = 0777
        force directory mode = 0777

[ps12]
        comment = NeoMagic Samba Server PS12
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps12

[ps15]
        comment = PS15 Kim Bolton's Cube
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps15

[ps2]
        comment = PS2 in Finance, next to Lien's cube
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps2

[ps3]
        comment = PS3 in Marsha's Cube in Finance
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps3

[ps4]
        comment = PS4 in Lien's Cube in Finance
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps4

[ps9]
        comment = PS9 in Engineering by Sudhir's Office
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps9

[ps18]
        comment = ps18 in Joyce Fisher's cube in Finance
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps18

[ps21]
        comment = PS21 in cube near stairs in Engineering
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps21

[ps24]
        comment = PS24 in Engineering near Sudhir's office
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps24

[ps26]
        comment = PS26 in Marketing ner BJ's cube
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps26

[ps27]
        comment = PS27 in Manufacturing in cube outside Aftab's office
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps27

[ps30]
        comment = PS30 Color printer next to Stella's cube in Engineering
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps30

[ps26c]
        comment = PS26c Color Duplex in Marketing near BJ's cube
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = ps26c

[hpplot1]
        comment = HPPLOT1 in Engineering next to Bill Ip Color Plotter
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        printer name = hpplot1