[Samba] problems writing to profile share when updating from samba 2.2.3a to 2.2.5

Christian Storm christian at eye-of-the-storm.de
Wed Aug 28 07:16:00 GMT 2002

Hi Alexander

I've got the same problem after the update from 2.2.3a to 2.2.5 and still no
solution for it;
But i've encountered that the client does write on the Profiles-share;
( use the VFS-object audit.so on the share );
[profiles]
	vfs object = /usr/local/samba/lib/audit.so

this logs in /var/log/messages ;-)

It seem's that the Client
-connects
-writes ( a file prfXXX.tmp with size 0 )
-disconnects
for each file of the profile

Why does Windoof create empty tmp-files??

can this be this is a timing/oplock problem ???

Does anyone else have a Solution

A small solution can be to exclude the directories with MS
mmc.exe -> add/remove SnapIn -> Add -> Group-Policy
edit the User-Configuration -> Administativ Template -> System -> Logon/Logoff

Let me know, if you or anyone else solves this problem

( Sorry for my poor english )

Cheers Chris ;-)