[Samba] strange problem printing to windows box

Kovar Jan Kovar_J at tese.cz
Wed Aug 28 03:52:13 GMT 2002

Connect the printer to Windows 98.
Install drivers.
Test printing.
Unplug the printer and connect it to your linux box.
Setup samba to see the printer from Windows 98 on your samba server.
Go to printer settings in Windows 98 and change the port from LPT to
\\linux\lp
Use the real name of your linux box instead of linux a the real share name
instead of the lp.
Depends on how do you share it. Example from me \\jan\lp\

Sincerelly

Jan Kovar