[Samba] win/linux connect problem

vincent blondel vincent.blondel at chello.be
Wed Aug 28 01:02:08 GMT 2002

First of all, if I can you give an advice, upgrade your samba config to
2.2.5 and be sure installing all latests patches on your w2k station ( sp3
now ).

In your config file, workgroup must be defined with the same name as in your
w2k station. You can also remove logon path. This is only for configuring
Samba as a PDC.

For the user declaration, it is better, for a security reason, not to use
passwords coming from your /etc/passwd file. So use better smbpasswd to
create passwords specific to samba. For this, you have to change "security =
SHARE" with "security = user".

and finally, I don't know what this is "map to guest = Bad User" try without
this.

vincent