[Samba] Samba Configuration Error

Freeman, Peter (ERHS) Freeman.Peter at saugov.sa.gov.au
Tue Aug 27 23:50:01 GMT 2002

>/usr/local/samba-2.2.5/source and run #./configure but some errors
>appears as follow:
>creating cache ./config.cache
>checking for gcc... no
>checking for cc... no
>configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
>
>Could you pls explain to me how to make this right?

It means you don't have any compilers installed, when you installed Redhat
you would've had the option to install the development packages.

You'll need to install the development RPMs, if I recall correctly, install
the following if theyre not already installed (hope I didn't miss any):

binutils
cpp
gcc
glibc-devel
kernel-headers

Also, you may find it easier to build your own RPM using the packaged script
in the samba sources, its found in <sourcedir>/packaging/Redhat and is
called
makerpms.sh, you can run it "sh makerpms.sh" and it will compile an rpm for
you which you'll find in cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/.

(of course you will still need the development rpms installed to do this)

HTH