[Samba] Samba Configuration Error

aqua aqua at sasinternasional.com
Tue Aug 27 23:25:00 GMT 2002

I got some error when I try to configure samba in
my Redhat Linux 7.3
I just downloaded the samba-latest.tar.gz from www.samba.org and as root
extract it using #tar xfvz samba-latest.tar.gz into /usr/local
After the samba-2.2.5 folder created, I go to
/usr/local/samba-2.2.5/source and run #./configure but some erDear John,
Sorry to disturb you. I got some error when I try to configure samba in
my Redhat Linux 7.3
I just downloaded the samba-latest.tar.gz from www.samba.org and as root
extract it using #tar xfvz samba-latest.tar.gz into /usr/local
After the samba-2.2.5 folder created, I go to
/usr/local/samba-2.2.5/source and run #./configure but some errors
appears as follow:
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Could you pls explain to me how to make this right?

Thanks and regards,

Aqua