[Samba] Roaming profile problems

Laurent Mallet mallet at linagora.com
Tue Aug 27 23:16:00 GMT 2002

 Hello,

I have installed since 6 months a PDC with samba and there is an endless
problem : the roaming profile synchronisation !!!

THE problem : Sometimes after the logout of a client, the roaming profile
is not synchronised on server. So when client connect on another clients, it
seems that some data have been loosed... After there is no later
synchronisation... So mails in profile are often lost!

( This is not a problem with time : The time is synchro with the netlogon
script so clients and server have same time.... )

My configuration :
server :
---------
- linux 2.4.18 with XFS filesystems
- Server samba 2.2.5

client :
-------
Windows 2000 workstation
Service Pack 3

My smb.conf : (some options are in this file for tests as "oplocks")
----------------
[global]
	workgroup = TERA
	netbios name = TERASERV
	server string = Tera PDC
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	domain admin group = root linagora @admin @S_tera @S_omsyc @S_rom
	add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -n -g machines -c Machine -d /dev/null -s
/bin/false %m$
	logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
	logon script = scripts\logon.bat
	domain logons = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	preferred master = Yes
	local master = yes
	os level = 65
	nt acl support = Yes
	veto files = /Icon/.AppleDouble/.AppleDesktop/Network Trash
Folder/TheVolumeSettingsFolder/
	log level = 5
	security =user
	log file = /var/log/%m.samba.log