[Samba] Rookie Question - Change Computer Name

Irving Carrion icarrion at allinterior.com
Tue Aug 27 05:04:18 GMT 2002

Sure SAMBA is configured as PDC & Wins Server on our domain.

MY SMB.CONF FOLLOWS:

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = FRUITS
        netbios name = SAMBA
        server string = %h server (Samba %v)
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        null passwords = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
        unix password sync = Yes
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000
        domain admin group = root @wheel
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s
/bin/false -M %u
        logon script = logonscript.bat
        logon path = ""
        logon home = ""