[Samba] Rookie Question - Change Computer Name

Kai Blin kai.blin at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Aug 27 04:56:02 GMT 2002

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 15:35, Irving Carrion wrote:
> We have been able to successfully install / configure SAMBA on our LAN /
> WAN.  Everything is working out just fine.. Just 1 little problem (And
> I'm sure it is something I screwed up or missed in the docs).

Samba configured as PDC?

> When changing a computer name on the client PC (Win2k), I receive an
> "Access Denied" error.  I've even tried using the root account to change
> the name with no avail.  Although I am able to join the domain.

If you have a domain setup I'd say samba can't change the name of the trust
account. This actually depends on if you have a domain.

> I can post my smb.conf file if need be.

this could help.

Cheers, Kai

--
Kai Blin 	Linux system administrator 	Tel: Ring-86592
Allgemeine Chirurgie 	Universitaetsklinikum Tuebingen

The study of non-linear physics is like the study of non-elephant biology.