[Samba] Pb downloading driver

Thibault PASTOR pastor at lyon.cemagref.fr
Tue Aug 27 04:09:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I've got a problem downloading the printer drivers from a samba server.

I uploaded them fine with a W2K workstation as root, but when i try to get
them from a W9X client it fails except if i log as root.
And this is the message displayed in the samba logs of the computer on which
i did it :

[2002/08/27 15:02:34, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(587)
  user-name (195.221.112.112) Can't change directory to
/home/samba/printers/msrpc (Permission denied)

Here is my print$ section :

[print$]
        path = /home/samba/printers/msrpc
        guest ok = yes
        browseable = yes
        writable = no
        write list = root, at infoly

I set the rights of the print$ to 644.

Is there something wrong in what i did? ( i hope so! )

Any help would be appreciated

Thibault PASTOR