[Samba] Winbind + smb.conf -- adding "Domain Users" as a valid user

Andrew Edelsten AEdelsten at auran.com
Mon Aug 26 19:04:00 GMT 2002

Hi all

I have smb 2.2.5 and winbind installed and functioning nicely on one of our
linux fileservers. The only thing I am having trouble with is adding NT
groups with spaces in their name to smb.conf. For instance:

I have the following test shares:

  [test5]
     path = /usr/local/test
     public = yes
     writable = yes
     printable = no
     valid users = AURAN+Test

  [test6]
     path = /home/test
     public = yes
     writable = yes
     printable = no
     valid users = AURAN+Domain Users

[test5] works just fine and all the members of the "TEST" group on the NT
server (ie me) can access that share.

[test6] is the problem, "Domain Users" is the "everyone" group but I cannot
seem to get it to work. I have tried:

"AURAN+Domain Users"
AURAN+Domain\ Users
"AURAN+Domain\ Users"
AURAN+Domain Users
'AURAN+Domain Users'

Is there a trick to getting NT groups with spaces to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Andrew

PS - "wbinfo -g" and "getent group" work fine and I can see the AURAN+Domain
Users group in the results.

Auran disclaims responsibility for the contents of this e-mail unless it was
expressly authorised by Auran.  This e-mail is a confidential communication.
To the extent permitted by law, Auran does not accept any liability for any
loss or damage suffered or incurred by you as a result of receiving, opening
or relying on this e-mail.