[Samba] ACL support?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Aug 26 16:01:02 GMT 2002

Is it still true that in order for a Linux hosted Samba server to have NT ACL
support, the Linux box must have an ACL aware file system such as XFS or
Andreas Gruenbacher's kernel patch ("POSIX ACL")? I read this in chapter 4 of
"Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours". In the time since that book was written,
has an easier method been developed, or has a Linux-distro-supplied ACL aware
filesystem emerged?

I'd like to avoid a kernel compile if it can be avoided.

Thanks

Steve

Steve Litt
Author:
  * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
  * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
  * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
http://www.troubleshooters.com

Troubleshooters.Com Webmaster
(Legal Disclaimer) Follow these suggestions at your own risk.