[Samba] samba 2.2.5 pdc and windows xp pro

Loback loback at cejurps.univali.br
Mon Aug 26 11:19:00 GMT 2002

Gentleman,

i´ve set up a samba server (v 2.2.5) acting as a pdc for my domain.
i´m facing problems regarding windows xp pro logging into the domain
1. i´ve edited the windows registry with
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000

2. also added a machine account with smbpasswd -a -m machinename\$

3. added a user account with smbpasswd -a username

when i try to join the domain, i got
"Access denied"
a strange behaviour is that when i do
start -- run -- \\servername
it prompts with a username and password screen, and i can sucessfull login
with the unix user i´ve created.

bellow is the log
[2002/08/26 17:21:59, 0] rpc_server/srv_samr_nt.c:_samr_set_userinfo(2480)
_samr_set_userinfo: Unable to get smbpasswd entry for uid 0

any hint what i´m missing
if you want more specs, e-mail me and i´ll be pleased to send you more info.
any help will be apreciated
thanks in advance and best regards

Sergio Loback
Sys. Admin