[Samba] Printer error: The data area passed to a system call is too small. ???

Dennis dennis.moreno at pop.safetran.com
Mon Aug 26 07:06:00 GMT 2002

Sol 2.8, Samba 2.2.5

I have an hp1220c printer setup on port 2 of a 3 port hp 500x print
server. There is also a hp6mp printer on port 1. I've added the hp6mp
printer to my client without problems. But when I attempt to add the
hp1220c I get a "could not connect to the printer" error message. If I
right click on the printer when browsing with "Add Printer Wizard" a
message is displayed on the status bar that states "Printer error: The
data area passed to a system call is too small.". Can anyone help with
this problem?

Dennis