[Samba] Homedrive mapping

Ben Vaughan benvon at engr.iastate.edu
Mon Aug 26 07:02:00 GMT 2002

Hello everyone,

We are making extensive use of the homedrive mapping fields in AD.
(automagically mapping a drive letter to a UNC path without a logon script)
Since we sp2 applied to our clients, none of them have been able to map
their home drives to our samba servers.

According to Microsoft's q-article,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q308580&, "this
behavior is by design".

Is the issue described in the q-article ( cleartext passwords sent to
downlevel servers ) truly the issue?  Is there any way to re-enable this
functionality with more modern (2.2.x) versions of samba?

Thanks,

Ben Vaughan

Ben Vaughan
Systems Engineer, Engineering Computing Support Services
210 Marston 515 294-1629, Iowa State University
benvon at iastate.edu  pageben at iastate.edu