[Samba] Installing 2.2.5 latest on Mandrake 8

Gagneet Singh gagneet at acmet.com
Mon Aug 26 01:22:00 GMT 2002

Hi!
  The i386 and i586 are just compatibility issues with the respective
distributions and RPMs. Actually the i386 is compatible with all
architectures for 386 and above and I really don't know if there is a
i386 available for Mandrake 8 or not. As they have recently launched
this version and it must be uptodate with the latest in the
distribution.. (although I have my reservations about this, and am not
quite sure)

  Use the i586 if that is the one you have and are using PII machine for
Samba Server. For the RedHat distribution it usually is i386.

  I am sure that there are others in the list who have tried this and
will be able to guide you better.

Gagneet