[Samba] Virtual servers - multiple sambas

Slawek W to-slawek at wp.pl
Sun Aug 25 23:06:01 GMT 2002

hi!

here are some lines from my conf files. i have two files for
testing:
smb.conf and smb.conf.qaz .
it works.
if user connects using samba server name 'S-SAMBA' gets only
[test2] share. when he use alias name 'qaz' , gets [test1] and
[test2].

you should run 'testparm' in the directroy where smb.conf is, or
you should type full path to the file.

e.g., in my configuration:

#testparm /etc/samba/smb.conf

smb.conf   file
----------------
;
;
[globals]
workgroup = S-TEST
netbios name = S-SAMBA
netbios aliases = qaz
include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%L
 ; allows to include alternative smb.conf file for speciffied
alias name

[test2]
comment = test2 share
path = /export/samba/test2