[Samba] About using root...

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Aug 25 10:10:07 GMT 2002

Yes, to start any of the start/stop scripts, you have to be root.
The error message you see is saying the the path to the start/stop script is
not in the path of your regular user.
AND, just typing samba as root is no guarantee you will be getting samba
the start/stop script. There might be another program called samba somewhere
else in your path.
So, use the full path name of your scripts, even as root.
Joel