[Samba] smbmount how to?

Simon Chambers simon.chambers at isoftuk.co.uk
Sat Aug 24 04:00:01 GMT 2002

The easiest way to mount a share from a windows pc onto linux is as follows

mount -t smbfs -o Username=<username> //windowspc/share /path/to/mountat

so for example the windows pc is called server and the share is public, your
mount point is /mnt/server

you would use

linuxpc# mount -t smbfs -o username=myname //server/public /mnt/server

et voila!

Si