[Samba] Logon Script

Paul Soulek soulek at frontiernet.net
Fri Aug 23 17:57:00 GMT 2002

OOPS---I see I sent this privately when I meant to send it to the list.

---------------------------

I'm not sure if I explained part of my problem before. I've know that
there is a way to have the server "run" the script---pass it along to
the client whenever they login. Right now, I have the script stored on
the server in /netlogon/loginsc.bat. Then I went into
Start--Settings--Taskbar and added a shortcut to
\\SERVERNAME\netlogon\loginsc.bat in the startup---so whenever someone
logs in, the script will automatically map their drives. Two of these
drives are non-user specific, and one drive is the "home" folder. This
folder is the name of the user. Oops...you already know that...

The main point that I wanted to make sure everyone got, is that I'm not
running this script from the server. The script is STORED on the server,
but the Windows machine is the one that determines when it is done. I've
read the articles on adding the lines to the configuration file,
creating other directories, and specifying things. Everyone on the
network will use the SAME login script. Everyone has a home drive (H:),
and everyone also has the two public drives (R: and S:).

Sorry if I went over something that you already knew about my
situation----just wanted to be sure.

And a BIG thank you for all of the help that I've received so far---I'm
very happy that Linux/SAMBA is the combination that we chose. Once I
spent a bit of time getting comfortable with particular functions, they
seem to go quite well.

Thanks again!
Paul