[Samba] Samba | Windows FindNextChangeNotification API call

Taresa Lee taresa at tipsweb.com
Fri Aug 23 09:35:59 GMT 2002

Support,

We currently develop a Windows based product that reads ASCII files and
saves the data into different database types.  Currently, we have a customer
running Samba on his UNIX machine so our product can read the files off this
system.  After running tests at his site, we have found that the Windows
FindNextChangeNotification API is not being triggered on the Samba directory
after a period of time passed.  Do you support this API call?  Have you seen
this issue in the past?  Do you have any suggestions as to why this is
occurring?  The customer currently has version 2.0.6 of Samba loaded.

Thanks,
Taresa Lee
Technical Support
TiPS Inc.