[Samba] search in ldap

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Fri Aug 23 04:35:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 09:26, Camus Moire wrote:

> Can someone point me to some documentation about
> how privileges had to be with security in mind.
> (root in ldap == distorted stomach)

I'm not sure that there is documentation on security per se
(you'll just have to use your best judgment)
The place to look is the samba howto collection on all the mirrors.

I don't think it is a serious problem to have root in ldap
since you have ldap set up restrict access to the passwords...

If you're really worried about it you could leave root local
and set up a different account to be the samba admin (i've not done that
but I think it is possible)

brad