[Samba] My Documents folder and roaming profiles.

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Fri Aug 23 00:13:01 GMT 2002

There is a registry key you can set on the clients to exclude certain
directories from being copied with the profile - ie things like 'temporary
internet files' you most definitely do not want to be copied!  Win2000
defaults to exclude these with policies.

I cannot remember the name of the reg key but once you find it it will be
relatively simple to have a login script adjust this as clients logon with a
.reg file.  In fact there is a way to use the NT system policies with Samba
- create a .pol file with poledit.

HTH