[Samba] Roaming Profiles Dead

Ivan Dimitrov ivan at b4y.co.uk
Thu Aug 22 08:38:41 GMT 2002

Hi everyone
i have running 2.2.5 on RH73 and few days after i have  upgrade all my
roaming profiles have died !!!!
in my error log i have constantly a messages saying:

nmbd find_response_record: response packet id 32896 received with no
matching record.
nmbd/nmbd_responserecordsdb.c:find_response_record(234)

and this is going on and on !!!!!

I have moved my Roaming Profiles Dir to other place on my hard drive and
changed my smb.conf  to point there but not luck !!
I have change the permissions for this dir  -R  777 and still getting
message that
"Widows can not create profile Directory" !!!!

smb.conf

domain master = yes
  preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes

[netlogon]
    comment = Network Logon Service
    path = /home/netlogon
    readonly = yes
    public = no

[Profiles]
     comment = Roaming user profiles
     path = /usr/local/profiles/
     read only = no
     browseable = no
;    guest ok = yes
     create mask = 0600
     directory mask = 0700

Can anyone point me in the right direction!!!
Any suggestions appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance !!!!

ivan