[Samba] help with samba

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Aug 22 08:07:01 GMT 2002

I am getting rusty on these questions.
But,

Have you walked through the DIAGNOSIS.txt in the samba sources?
How do you resolve names on your network. Is there a DNS set up? Have you
made your samba box a wins server and pointed your clients at it?
Have your tried adding the samba server to the lhmost file of a client?
Keeping the netbios name the same as the DNS name is good.

I used to run tcpdump and look at the interaction on the net to figure these
things out.

Joel