[Samba] Domain Login Error: "ADVANCED INF INSTALL error"

Kelly S. Smelser ksmelser at uindy.edu
Thu Aug 22 05:00:01 GMT 2002

Has anyone seen this error before?

ADVANCED INF INSTALL error:  "%Remove_nodir_error%"

This is the error that all domain users get upon first logon with WinXP.
 It only appears for the first time they login, and it has nothing to do
with any registry tweaks because it comes up even for a fresh XP
install.  Further, subsequent domain logins don't have this error but
there is a desktop.ini file that winds up in the user's Startup fold in
their profile which causes the file to be opened up in Notepad upon
login.  I had posted a question about this yesterday, but I felt that my
description wasn't clear enough.  I hope someone can shed some light.
 Thanks.

K.

--
"What I look for in any relationship is contact on the nonverbal level of intuition and feeling, that is, telepathic contact."   -William S. Burroughs (from his novel, "Junky")