[Samba] Two domains in the same subnetwork.

Robert Stuart rstu at qsa.qld.edu.au
Thu Aug 22 03:52:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Mauricio Strello wrote:
> Hi, I have the following newbie question, it is possible have two (or more)
> domains in the same IP
> subnetwork (e.g. 192.168.10.0/24)?
> I understand that is not possible have two PDC for the same domain in the
> same subnetwork,
> but I'm not sure what happens if we have two domains.

We do it.  We have our main domain with a PDC, and we have another domain
for support staff.  Its what happens when you plug in a new computer that
hasn't joined the domain, or is a Win 9x machine.

I don't think there would be any problems with two PDCs - I'm sure I've
done that during testing.  It probably isn't easily possible on the one
server (maybe two NICs, two samba installs, etc).

Regards,

Robert Stuart