[Samba] Can't browse workgroup

jason.valenzuela at att.net jason.valenzuela at att.net
Thu Aug 22 03:21:02 GMT 2002

I have joined my w2k client to workgroup_name, however I
cannot see my samba server at all. If I try and view it
via 'Computers Near Me' I get a error window stating:
'Workgroup_name is not accessible.'
'The account is not authorized to log in from this station.'

I get the same error if I try this as the w2k
administrator or user account.

If i try searching for '\\server_netbios_name', I see it,
however it shows unknown location and the server comment
is not present. If I try to open it to see the shares I
see the same error as above. I can't see why this is a
authorization problem with samba as I'm not even trying
to use a share yet, just see the server correctly.

Jason Valenzuela
Samba 2.2.5 from source, linux 2.4.19