[Samba] [ Samba ] Profile Sync Problems

Laurent Mallet mallet at linagora.com
Wed Aug 21 21:31:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I admin a small network of 20 clients in a domain. I use roaming profile but
i have problems : Sometimes after the logout of a client, the roaming profile
is not synchronised on server. So when client connect on another clients, it
seems that some data have been loosed... After there is no later
synchronisation...

( This is not a problem with time : The time is synchro with the netlogon
script so clients and server have same time.... )

Is roaming profile not working ? Is an issue with W2k clients ? Please help
not to install a W2000 server.

best regards
----------------------------------
Laurent Mallet
mallet at linagora.com
----------------------------------

My configuration :
server :
---------
- linux 2.4.18 with XFS filesystems
- Server samba 2.2.5

client :
-------
Windows 2000 workstation
Service Pack 3

My smb.conf : (some options are in this file for tests as "oplocks")
----------------
[global]
	workgroup = TERA
	netbios name = TERASERV
	server string = Tera PDC
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	domain admin group = root
	add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -n -g machines -c Machine -d /dev/null -s
/bin/false %m$
	logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
	logon script = scripts\logon.bat
	domain logons = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	preferred master = Yes
	local master = yes
	os level = 65
	nt acl support = No
	veto files = /.AppleDouble/.AppleDesktop/Network Trash
Folder/TheVolumeSettingsFolder/
	log level = 4
	security =user
	log file = /var/log/%m.samba.log