[Samba] Basic SAMBA configuration help

John W Cunningham John at pickaprof.com
Wed Aug 21 13:15:01 GMT 2002

I was having similar problems - and reading along I tried
\\server_ip_address
and it worked! (I nearly jumped through the roof - I've been playing
with this all day).  Now - how do I get it to connect by name?

I'm a Samba newbie - I've been reading the O'Reilly book - help is
greatly appreciated but I ask you please be explicit so I can
understand.

Thanks!
-John