[Samba] Browsing from My network places in XP

Barry deFreese bdefreese at cox.net
Wed Aug 21 13:08:07 GMT 2002

Lester,

Have you enabled the netbios ports in /etc/services?  Same question for
telnet.  Also for telnet, do you have a telnet daemon running?

If they are configured in /etc/services , make sure you are not running
ipchains or iptables.  If you are running one of these two, you need to make
sure that you are allowing inbound netbios traffic (ports 137-139)

Hope that helps.   If not, I have a ton of links and things that I can send
you.

Barry deFreese
Newbie