[Samba] ADVANCED INF INSTALL error: "%Remove_nodir_error%

Kelly S. Smelser ksmelser at uindy.edu
Wed Aug 21 12:43:01 GMT 2002

I've found that even with a clean fresh installation of XP you get this
error upon first login.  Does anyone know what this is and how to get
around it?  Also, this error doesn't come up after the first login, but
subsequent logins wind up with a desktop.ini file in the users Start
Menu and "Start Up" folder which 'causes the file to open in a Notepad
upon login.  Does anyone know what to do with these two things?  I need
an answer quick, so if anyone can offer some very QUICK help it would be
much appreciated.  Thanks.

K.

Kelly Smelser
University of Indianapolis

--
"What I look for in any relationship is contact on the nonverbal level of intuition and feeling, that is, telepathic contact."   -William S. Burroughs (from his novel, "Junky")