[Samba] Cannot map drive...

Matt.Gregory at ctimi.com Matt.Gregory at ctimi.com
Wed Aug 21 09:37:01 GMT 2002

I had a samba share working as a Workgroup share but I wanted to add it to
my domain for domain users.  I have added the Linux machine to the domain,
and I have used the "smbpasswd -r PDC -j MYDOMAIN" command to successfully
join the domain.

Now ever time I try to map one of the shares It takes almost forever (but
so do windows shares, so this doesn't bother me) before I finally get back
an error: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the
following error has occurred: the specified network name is no longer
available."

Any ideas what might cause this?

Things I have checked and I am sure are right:

[from my /etc/samba/smb.conf file]:
        password server = *
        security = domain
        workgroup = CTI1 #note: this is my domain server...

Matt Gregory
Web Developer
CTI, Inc.
cell: 678-458-6513