[Samba] PDC to LDAP migration

Goetz Rieger goetz.rieger at suse.de
Wed Aug 21 04:27:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:02:32 -0400
"Jason Yates" <jyates at dataservice.org> wrote:

> But I'm at a lose with migration of groups from NT4 PDC over to the
> Samba LDAP PDC.  I've heard it's possible with rpcclient.  Any
> information on how to do this would be appreciated.

You can get the groups from your NT Server:

rpcclient -U administrator%password -c 'enumdomgroups' SERVERNAME

With the hex RID you could now get the members of each group, here for the
"Domain Users":

rpcclient -U administrator%password -c 'querygroupmem 0x201' SERVERNAME

Or the groups a user (identified by the decimal RID) is in:

rpcclient -U administrator%password -c 'queryusergroups 1107' SERVERNAME

And with a bit of effort and perlmagic, you could build yourself a nice
script which gets the users and their groupmemberships and puts them into
Linux groups.

Goetz