[Samba] sqlserver-connect fails with smb-domainuser, but ...

NSC - NetworkServiceCenter nsc at fh-stpoelten.ac.at
Wed Aug 21 03:46:01 GMT 2002

hi!

i joined our w2k-server (it works at fileserver and sql-database-server) to
the samba-ldap-domain and created new sql-user that are references to the
domainuser and also created local groups that inherits the needed domain
users for share and file security.

if i try to start our access-databaseclient it tells me that odbc-driver
could not authenticate the user -) if i put the user to the group i mapped
as "domain admin group" it works !?!?!?!?!

a similar madly situation occurs at sharing files: i set permissons with
local group and it doesn't work - if i specify directly the user, the file
is accessible!?!?!?!?

any suggestions?
thanks in advance
thomas reisenbichler