[Samba] Sharing a CD-RW

Kai Blin kai.blin at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Aug 21 03:00:01 GMT 2002

> AFAICS, webmin has tools to allow you to write files that exist on the
> server. webCDwriter is (was?) primarily for files that exist on the client.
>
> Also, I wouldn't give webmin access to non-administrators!
>
> webCDwriter also has a unix command line client (files2cd and a few
> others) which are quite handy to use to write CDs from one unix server
> to a CDRW on a different server without messing with NFS/smbfs/nbd's
>
> IMHO, webCDwriter is what he wants.

Right. Just had a look at webCDwriter and it really looks like what's usefull
in this case. Just ignore the webmin hint then.. (I agree with not giving
webmin to non-admins, even though you could restrict the access just to.. oh
well, never mind)

Cheers, Kai

--
Kai Blin 	Linux system administrator 	Tel: Ring-86592
Allgemeine Chirurgie 	Universitaetsklinikum Tuebingen

Art is the tree of life.  Science is the tree of death.