[Samba] Samba 3.0 and client code page

Dan Ohnesorg Dan at ohnesorg.cz
Wed Aug 21 02:56:00 GMT 2002

Dne Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 06:18:09PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter napsal:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Dan Ohnesorg wrote:
>
> > It seems, that in CVS version of samba are missing parameters
> >
> > client code page
> > and
> > character set
> >
> > which are vitaly needed for use of samba in east european countries. I
> > have searched in CVS logs and in Changelog, but i have not found any
> > replacement or suggestion what skould we use now.
>
> Samba 3.0 uses UNICODE now.  I'm not a unicode guy, so I don't have more
> information.  Search the samba-technical mailing list archives.

Thank You for the answer. Just for archive users:

Parameters client code page and character set are removed from Samba 3.0 and
replaced by

dos charset
unix charset
display charset

I didn't find any documentation to this parameters in doc directory in samba
tarball, but the values shoud be taken from iconv --list output.

cheers
dan