[Samba] SMB restarting command on Mac OS X

D.Burger denn88 at planet.nl
Tue Aug 20 23:09:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm using Mac OS X 10.1.5 with the "Samba Sharing Package 2.2.0".
Configured the 'smb.conf' in the terminal and everthing works fine with
our Windows computers, great!

But, sometimes when my Mac sleeps the 'smb' and 'nmb' deamon sleeps
aswell. When I look on a windows computer the mac is not in the network
anymore.

When I open the terminal and type: "top" to see the process table the
smb and nmb deamons are running. So I have to restart the Mac OS X
computer to get the smb deamons running again.

I know there is a terminal command to restart the smb deamon, but: "What
is it???". If so can I used when not logged in as a root user. I haven't
enabled the root user yet, is this nessary for this command?

D. Burger