[Samba] Access Denied when changing ACLs from W2000 client

Freeman, Peter (ERHS) Freeman.Peter at saugov.sa.gov.au
Tue Aug 20 16:33:01 GMT 2002

> >>  smbd/posix_acls.c:convert_canon_ace_to_posix_perms(1809)
> >>  convert_canon_ace_to_posix_perms: Too many ACE entries
>for file TestACL
> >>  convert to posix perms.
>
>Do you already have a bunch of ACLs set on the files your trying.

Nope.  This is the first lot of ACLs I'm attempting to set up on
this particular set of files.  I can set rwx for one group using
setfacl and r-x for another, but creating a new file/dir in one
of the configured directories doesn't inherit the ACLs from its
parent, even though inherit acls is turned on for that share.

This is getting kinda confusing to be honest, I have an idea I don't
fully understand the underlying issues with Samba relating to the
ACLs and the underlying unix permissions, in some ways I'm flying a
blind as this is the first time I've attempted to use Samba on top
of ACL-enabled filesystems.

Google has been getting a hammering but so far I haven't turned up
anything overly helpful.