[Samba] R: pblms with samba 2.X /3.x and NT--W2k

lu jianliang j.lu at tiesse.com
Tue Aug 20 07:14:01 GMT 2002

I have found the workaround for this issue, naturally looking for the logs
with the debuglevel=5.
It seems that the samba 3.0 search not only the machine_name$ account , but
also domain_name\machine_name$. So you should add this domain\machine$
account in the sam database using the useradd and smbpasswd, pay attention
to not include the $ when use smbpasswd. Another adjustment to do is in
smb.conf, put "passdb backend = smbpasswd", and try to run it.

Cheers!

Jianliang Lu