[Samba] File permissions

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Aug 20 07:00:01 GMT 2002

I would be surprised if linux would be so impolite as to attempt to move a
file that was being writen to. Would cp or rm be so badly behaved?
But, I get surprised everyday.
I guess the only way to be sure is to try it out and see. Have the cron job
run every second and start saving some big files. Or, you might use smbstatus to
make sure the file wasn't in use before acting on it.
Joel