[Samba] File permissions

Scott Mayo sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Tue Aug 20 04:21:00 GMT 2002

Joel,
    Thanks.  Your suggestions helped.  I thought the force user made it
force to save as the user.  I took that out and then gave the /bhs
permissions of 3777 so that files save would be set to the goup that owns
the directory.  Then I create mask = 070 so that the teacher group(owner of
the dir) could read the files, but the students after saving them could not
touch them.  This seems to be working correctly.  Thanks for the help.

Scott Mayo
Tech Coordinator
Bloomfield Schools
PH:  (573) 568-4564