[Samba] Trouble killing NMBD Processes

Mike Wiggington netxtremist at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 19 18:18:00 GMT 2002

Greetings all.  I installed samba 2.2.5 from source, and I am using the Red
Hat init script to start the Daemons.  The NMBD starts two processes (I have
enabled the name server wins support = yes).  when I attempt to kill the
daemons smbd kills successfully, but nmbd first says no such process, but it
kills one.  After attempting to kill again, the second process dies.  In the
init script I added another killproc nmbd which does the job, but I do not
think it should be this way.  When I installed from rpm in the past, I never
noticed this issue.

Any of you gurus have a thought on this?

Thank you for your help,

--netX