[Samba] extra page printing

Tony McGrew tony at multicam.com
Mon Aug 19 12:54:00 GMT 2002

I have found another printing problem on my print server.  The printer is an
HP2000C. Printing using cups.  The print queue is set up as a RAW printer.
It should be just pass through.  I am using the same print driver as on the
Novell that works fine.  The problem is before each print job a single page
gets printed with a %! at the top of the page and nothing else.  This
problem does not show up on  my other printers that are set up the same.  I
cannot find anything on cups that would cause this so I am posting it up
here hoping someone has an idea.  I don't think it the driver because it
doesn't show up on the Novell PS but who knows.
RH 7.3
Samba 225
cups 1.1.15

pertinent smb.conf

	total print jobs = 0
	load printers = Yes
	printcap name = cups
	disable spoolss = Yes
	printing = cups
	print command = lpr -r -P%p %s
	lpq command = lpq -P%p
	lprm command = lprm -P%p %j
	lppause command =
	lpresume command =
	queuepause command =
	queueresume command =
	printer name =
	use client driver = No
	default devmode = No
	printer driver =
	printer driver file = /etc/samba/printers.def
	printer driver location =

[HP2000C]
	path = /var/spool/samba
	printer admin = tony